Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 6--Budget

Now some of you may be wondering why I have written about choosing a venue and buying a dress before I talked about budget.

Well to be honest, I didn't really have a budget so it wasn't something I had to worry about along the way. Now let met explain, it's not that my dad said "go for it, spend whatever you want on whatever you need to make your wedding great." Not at all. More so, he knew I wanted a simple, DIY wedding and didn't want to spend lots of money. My parents were a part of every wedding decision and purchase I made so they were aware of how much I was spending. My mom helped me to do research and always make the best purchase for a great deal!

However, I realize my case is very special and most people have/need a budget. So here are some tips to help you.

  • Who is paying for your wedding? If it is your parents, you will need to sit down with them and find out how much they have set aside or are willing to spend.  If you are paying for it yourself, you will need to set a budget for yourself.
  • Once you have a budget, you will need to prioritize items. If a certain kind of dress, flower, cake is super important to you, put that near the top of the list. If you could care less about the flowers, put that at the bottom. Decide what is really important for you and you don't want to compromise on.
  • Keep receipts, keep track of your purchases along the way so you know how you are doing.
  • Shop around for the best deals.
  • Figure out what you could do yourself or have a friend do for you for cheaper or free.
Don't get stressed out about it! Don't let the budget control your wedding planning and make it no fun for you. Instead, find ways to work well within your budget!

1 comment:

  1. A budget could have been helpful but I think you did a great job keeping things under control.

    <3

    ReplyDelete